Fair Trade Organic Sumatra Single Origin Coffee
Sonny's Fair Trade Organic Sumatra coffee is one of our most complex and intense coffees. Coming from the Lake Toba region, this full-bodied coffee has a light grapefruit flavor mixed with sweetness and a touch of sweet pepper. While it is wet-hulled in the usual Sumatra style, the hulling is not done until the coffee reaches 30% moisture content instead of the typical 45- 50%. This gives it a cleaner cup and accentuates the spicy, bright notes while downplaying the earthiness typical to Mandheling coffees. Sonny's Fair Trade Organic Sumatra coffee has very little acidity so it’s a nice contrast to other full-bodied coffees.
Fair Trade Organic Sumatra Roasting Process:
- Air Roasted in smaller batches for better quality
- More consistent roasting process
- Removes excess chaff instead of burning and ground
- Produces less smoke and less carcinogens
- No unpleasant burnt flavors
- Less bitter and acidic while providing a smoother, richer taste
- All orders roasted at time of order and shipped fresh!
FTO Sumatra Single Serve Pods (Keurig®-Compatible)
iFillCup™ single-serve pods are made from 100% polypropylene from filter to lid. The strong polypropylene filter can hold finer coffee grounds, which are important for a strong cup of coffee at a large size.
Sonny’s Coffee Pods have a deeper filter, allowing it to be filled with more coffee for a richer brew. Same size as other pods, holds more coffee inside.
The adhesive-sealed lid tightly seals in freshness. Your coffee won’t quickly get stale! Fill your pods ahead of time and take them with you on the go.